About me

Welcome! My name is Scott MacClintic, and I am a science teacher currently working at The Loomis Chaffee School in Windsor CT. Loomis Chaffee is an independent prep school (9-12) with approximately 670 students from around the world.  In addition to teaching, I am also the Director of the Henry R. Kravis Center for Excellence in Teaching, an on-campus resource for professional development at my school. I have been teaching for 30 years and will be teaching Microbiology and Molecular Biology in the 2016-17 school year. Over the years, I have taught Biology, Chemistry, AP Chemistry and Genetics as well.

I am interested in Professional Development of all types and flavors and am looking for a way to extend the conversation beyond my school. Learning and the brain issues are of particular interest to me these days.

2 thoughts on “About me

1. Hello, Scott. As part of an administrator certification cohort through Cabrini College in Southeastern PA, I came across your blog. Our current course is about integrating technology as a part of school leadership. Your link to the “The 10 Skills Modern Teachers Must Have” fits directly into the content we are learning in class and has answered some concerns my classmates have introduced through discussion. Thank you.

• Glad you found the link useful. I am a huge fan of incorporating technology into the administration of school life. If you need anything more, please do not hesitate to contact me.