Spring has finally arrived in CT!

Spring – A Time for Growth

I think it is finally officially warm enough for me to stop bringing three layers of clothes to baseball practice each afternoon. The trees are blossoming and the view across the meadows is now dominated by shades of green as opposed to the dreary grey and brown that March and April can present. For me, spring is a time of infinite possibility (The Red Sox might actually be good this year for example) and a time for inspiration. With that thought in mind, I have a few items this week that may inspire you or make you ponder “What if?”

• Five Things I’ve Learned” is an interesting website that came across my Twitter stream that showcases personal reflections about education from leaders in the education world.
  • The Five Ingredients of Outstanding Teaching” is an article that recently appeared on the SecEd website. SecEd is a UK based website dedicated to secondary education. Do you agree with their conclusions?
  • Intrigued by the flipped classroom? Here is a post from arguably one of the most well known advocates of the flipped class, Jonathan Bergmann (@jonbergmann), that lays out the key questions you should ask before flipping your classroom.
  • Here is a recent post from Grant Lichtman’s blog (@grantlichtman) that made me pause and ask myself, “What if?”

I am curious to hear your thoughts on any of this week’s items. Feel free to leave a comment or e-mail me directly. Enjoy the weather!